With extensive experience since 1991
WE AIM TO OFFER YOU A PROFESSIONAL, SAFE AND NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN EXPERIENCE IN ONE OF THE COOPERATIVE MINES OF THE CERRO RICO
• Tours leave at 08:45 a.m. and 13:30 p.m. every day from the Central located office of KOALA TOURS (Ayacucho Street 3), also from “KOALA DEN & EUCALYPTUS” .
• We leave regardless of the number of tourists and there is a maximum of 8 people in each group
• Our first stop is in our ware house, where all equipment is provided including rubber boots, over pants, waterproof jackets, helmets and electric cap lamps (leaving your hands free)
• Miner market is our second stop where coca leaves, cigarettes and dynamite can be bought as gifts for the miners.
• You are going to visit the ore mill (refinery plant). In this place minerals that are brought from the Cerro Rico are purified, using chemical products and crusher machines.
• We stop at the highest viewpoint of the city to see the city of Potosi and Cerro Rico.
• We continue to the cooperative mine where you can crawl around inside Terrifying but awe inspiring labyrinth, in which many miners are working. You will have contact with the workers and el “Tío” who is the lord of the mines
• Part of your ticket price is forwarded to the miners in the form of food and other necessary supplies
• Private transport is provided to and from our main office and the mine. You do not have to walk or catch public transport.
• For those who wouldn’t have a hotel any more, we offer a free hot shower in our ware house after the mine tour.
NOT FOR WIMPS OR WOOSIES!!!!
YOU WILL BE IN THE SAFEST HANDS OF EXPERIENCED EX-MINERS. RECOMMENDED BY THE SOUTH AMERICAN HAND BOOK, LONELY PLANET, TripAdvisor AND OTHERS
REMMENBER TO BRING:
– Camera, a bottle of water and a good sense of humor.
– Other belongings can be securely stored with us.
Here we leave you the most common means of contact.